Recents in Beach

PHYSICS QUIZ-04, Wave Optics



WAVE OPTICS


Objective Type Questions (One option is correct)


16. The maximum intensity of fringes in Young's experiment is I. If one of the slits is closed, then intensity at that place becomes I0. Then relation between I and I0 is:
(1) I = I0             (2) I = 2I0   
(3) I = 4I0           (4) There is no relation

Sol. Answer (3)
Let individual intensity be I0
I = 4I0
When one slit closed intensity is equal to I0

17. In Young's double slit experiment, the central point on the screen is:
(1) Bright                          (2) Dark
(3) First bright then dark  (4) First dark and then bright

Sol. Answer (1)

18. In a Young's double slit experiment, the fringe width is found to be 0.4 mm. If the whole apparatus is immersed in water of refractive index 4/3 without disturbing the geometrical arrangement, the new fringe width will be:
(1) 0.30 mm                 (2) 0.40 mm   
(3) 0.53 mm                 (4) 450 µm

Sol. Answer (1)

19. In YDSE, d = 2 mm, D = 2 m and  = 500 nm. If intensity of two slits are I0 and 9I0, then find intensity at y=1/6 mm.
(1) 7I0                        (2) 10I0         
(3) 16I0                       (4) 4I0

Sol. Answer (1)

20. In Young's double slit experiment, the intensity at a point where path difference is  is I. If I0 denotes the maximum intensity, then I/I0 is:
(1) 12                       (2) 32             
(3) 12                       (4) 34

Sol. Answer (4)



#NEET#AIIMS#AMU#IIT-JEE#CLASS 11TH & 12TH#UPSEE#UPTU 
#PHYSICS#PHYSICS QUIZ#OPTICS#WAVE OPTICS#WAVE OPTICS QUIZ
#MEDICAL ENTRANCE EXAM#ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXA
#WISDOM CLASSES